Thursday, July 08, 2004

I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok

Wow, so it only took me ten days to remember my blog's address and figure out how to log back in. I knew I could do it.
Well anyway, I've spent the last few days learning how to use a chainsaw on the fireline. It's pretty cool. We've been out in the forest working on fuel reduction, so I've had the chance to drop some pretty big trees (for Colorado). We have to shout a warning whenever the tree we're cutting starts to fall. I'm going to start shouting "Timber", just so I sound like a real logger.
I just bought a digital camera off of E-bay, so as soon as it gets here and I figure out how to put photos on this page you can expect to see lots of pictures of stuff not burning. I think we'll eventually get to go to some larger fires in the region, but for now there is absolutely nothing burning near us. Which is good for the locals.
By the way, who is Mitch?

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

Mr. Lumberjack, are you still out there? I'd love to hear about what your up to now. Kirsten

11:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home